Wild Wood (LVT)
Updated: August 24, 2018
· Utility Knife
· Tape Measure
· Straight Edge
· 5/16” Spacers
All Subfloors must be:
· Structurally sound
· Clean: Thoroughly swept free of all debris
· Leveled: Flat to 4.7mm (3/16 inches) per 3.3 meters (10-foot) radius
• Acclimate the flooring to 65°F and 85°F for at least 48 hours prior to and during the installation. Avoid heating / cooling ducts and direct sunlight. Forest Click is intended for indoor use only.
• Determine which direction the planks will be installed. To make the room appear larger it is recommended to lay the planks parallel with the longer wall.
• Do not install cabinets or appliances on planks. Forest Click is a floating floor and should NEVER be glued or nailed to the substrate.
• Under cut doorway moldings the thickness of the flooring.
• Carefully measure the room’s dimension to calculate the width of the last row of planks. If the width of the last row of planks is less than 2” (50mm), excluding the tongue, the width of first row of planks will have to be cut accordingly.
• A minimum 5/16” (8.2mm) expansion space is required around the perimeter of the room and all vertical objects.
1. Begin laying planks from the left side of the starting wall and work to the right side. The tongue side of the plank shall face the starting wall.
2. Place 5/16” (8.2mm) spacers between the short and long side of the planks and the wall. Always position one spacer between the wall and where the planks join.
3. The end joints of the planks in the first row are assembled by inserting the tongue side into the groove side of the previous plank at a low angle. Gradually lower the plank down flat until the end joint closes, insuring that the planks are perfectly aligned. Repeat in order to assemble remaining planks in the first row.
4. The last plank in the first row will need to be cut. Measure the distance between the wall and the surface of the last full plank. Subtract 5/16” (8.2mm) from this measurement to allow for the spacer. If this measurement is less than 8” (20.3cm), the length of the first plank in this row must be cut; resulting in a longer plank at the end of this row. The first and last plank in each row must be at least 8” (20.3cm) in length. Planks are cut using a sharp utility knife and a carpenter’s square. Score and then snap the plank.
5. The remaining piece cut from the last plank in the first row may serve as the first plank in the second row given if it is more than 8”(20.3cm) long. Please remember to always stagger end joints from row to row a minimum of 8”(20.3cm).
6. Install the long side of the first plank of the second row. Remember to place a 5/16” (8.2mm) spacer between the wall and the short side of the plank. Insert the tongue side into the groove side of the previous row at a low angle and lower flat to the substrate.
7. Install the second plank in the second row. Position the long side of the plank with the tongue side over lapping the groove of the planks in the previous row approximately 1/8”. Then, angle the end joint into the previous plank. Angle the plank up and gently push forward until the plank locks into the previous row. Repeat in order to assemble remaining planks in the second row. It is important to make sure that the first two rows are straight and square- they will affect the entire installation.
8. Continue working from left to right, row by row. Be sure to maintain a 5/16” space around all walls and vertical objects. Also, to sustain a random appearance, offset end joints a minimum of 8” (20.3cm).
• After all planks have been installed, remove the spacers from expansion gaps.
• Predrill and install quarter round or baseboard moldings. Moldings must be wide enough to cover the 5/16” (8.2mm) space. Be sure to fasten moldings into the wall- NOT the floor.
• Use plywood to protect the flooring when moving heavy furniture or appliances back or use adequate floor protectors under the legs of furniture.
• Post-installation temperature must be between 65º F and 100º F and relative humidity between 40% and 70% for at least 48 hours.
IN.id products are thoughtfully designed
& elegantly crafted for you.